After a decade of neglect, veterans are finally receiving the support they have earned. We are upholding our commitment to them with initiatives and actions such as:
• ¼ new dollars spent in the first two budgets of this government is on veterans, totally $6.3 billion.
• Reopened 9 Veteran Affairs offices closed by the former government, and opened a new one in Surrey, BC.
• Unveiled a Joint Suicide Prevention Strategy
• Using a coordinated, and collaborated approach to reform Veterans Affairs so the help so desperately needed is easier to access.
• Providing up to $80,000 in post-secondary education through the new education and training benefit.
It is imperative that we honour our veterans with not just words, but deeds. I am proud to see our government doing just that.
For more detailed information, please visit: