The office of Joyce Murray, MP Vancouver Quadra, is looking for a full-time Constituency Assistant and Outreach Coordinator to join our team.
- General reception activities (answering phones, emails, hosting visitors, etc.)
- Responsible for constituency casework, and meetings related to such casework
- Maintain database with respect to all constituent contact utilizing Case Management System
- Processing event invitations and meeting requests from constituents / organizations in the riding and prioritizing requests for Member’s review.
- Scheduling meetings and events for MP to attend in calendar.
- Accompanies Member at community events, outreach activities and business functions, stakeholder meetings and etc. (as required).
- Organize and outreach for key community events that the MP attends in the riding – photos for social media and for monthly newsletters
- Developing and maintaining community office stakeholder distribution lists.
- Managing and mobilizing outreach volunteers (duties, time commitment, resources, on-site roles), as needed.
- Manage engagement and provide administrative support for MP Canada Youth Council
- Bi-weekly update MP as to key milestones, summary of meetings and engagement
- Provide leadership and support for CYC community event initiative
- Must be available to work some week-ends and evenings
- Maintaining and ensuring events on the parliamentary website
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous office experience is beneficial;
- Mandarin or Cantonese is an asset;
- Knowledge of Vancouver Quadra and key stakeholders;
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Works efficiently under pressure and in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and social media platforms;
- Good understanding of Canada’s Parliamentary system and the operations of the Federal Government;
- The ability to empathize and listen to concerns;
- Flexible schedule (the ability to work some evenings and weekends as required);
- Ability to drive.
Submissions will be accepted until May 4th. Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary will commensurate with experience.